Learning just got a Glowup.
If you’re anything like us, we were tired of signing up for courses from other educators and not actually learning anything. That’s why we created the Glowup challenges—a deep dive into one topic at a time, allowing you to walk away an expert, ready to make real changes in your life and business. We make photography education FUN, actionable, and interactive—no more fluff and no more hidden secrets—and bring along a community that feels like home.
This is education for real people, with real results, so you can find success faster than we did with the knowledge we’re going to teach you. With a combined 25+ years of experience running multiple successful photography businesses, our purpose is to change the photography industry, one Glowup at a time.PURCHASE THE SKIN TONES GLOWUP
Do you struggle to consistently produce stunning skin tones in your work?
If you aren't 100% confident in your skin tones, this is for you. For real. Producing luminous skin tones, no matter what, is a super power! Your clients deserve to LOVE how they look in their photos, and nailing skin tones is a major step in that direction! Skin tones are a unique part of who we are. Trust us, when your clients feel and look like their best, authentic self in your imagery, they will always sing your praises.
Stunning skin tones rarely happen on accident. And, when they do, if you don't know how they happened, you are left banging your head up against the wall wondering why you can't seem to create luminous skin every session. In these three days of education, we teach you how to properly see and read your light, how to know when your location will set you up for skin tone failure or success, how to manipulate your surroundings to support and not hinder you, how we expose for soft, supple skin, and our editing tips and tricks to round it all out!
Learn how we perfectly nail skin tones—from location scouting all the way through to editing, and never doubt yourself again!BUY THE SKIN TONES GLOWUP
"The Skin Tones Glowup has been rocking my world."
"I have been in the industry for 10 years and have forever YEARNED for those creamy, yummy skin tones, but didn't know how to do it without turning them into ghosts or over-warming my images to get skin to look alive and healthy. You have now educated and equipped me, and I'm so thankful and grateful. Charla & Jenn, you have glowed up my business, and I believe I'll see the fruit as I continue to put to practice what you've preached. Thank you for sharing and for your passion for this industry. Instead of waving as my boat sinks, you're allowing it to 'rise with the tide,' and I'm forever grateful."
- Why skin tones matter
- How choosing your light affects your skintones
- Differences in the quality of light
- Working with different lighting scenarios
- Identifying ideal light for skin tones
- Color cast. What is it? How does it happen and how to we combat it?
- On location scouting! A look at how we locate, discern and choose the best light for our clients and their unique skin tones.
- In camera settings for ensuring a healthy foundation for glowing skin tones. New to shooting in manual? This will be huge. New to prioritizing skin tones but familiar with manual? This will also be huge for you too.
- Handling tricky lighting situations, how to avoid them and what to do, in camera, when you can't escape.
- Camera settings for different lighting scenarios. ie. what to do when you have too much light and too little light.
- Lightroom basics for great skintones. Did you know the owner of Kindred Presets (world renown for perfect skin tones) is one of your educators for this glowup?
- Skin tone problem solving in Lightroom (did someone say "fake tans"?)
- How does the color wheel play into skin tone editing?
- What in the world is color grading and how do I use that panel?!
- Wait...we can, sometimes, brush away bad skin tones situations? We will show you how!
- Skin retouching in Photoshop. Because, even Beyonce has to deal with breakouts.
Be known for capturing gorgeous skin tones for your clients. You can become a boss at this and never have anxiety about your clients' skin ever again!
Come join the hundreds of photographers who have improved their work from the bottom up, are saving time in post-processing because of their new skin tones knowledge, and now have clients singing their praises!REGISTER NOW
WHAT IS A GLOWUP?
Glowups are mini classes that Develope Academy hosts once a month. We figured, instead of teaching with big, grand gestures and catch-all courses for everything, maybe some topics needed a little more nuance. Consider a Glowup to be your first, second, and third date with whatever topic we are covering. We find that these bite-sized education opportunities help our students to learn more efficiently, more quickly, and with more intention. You can expect each day of education to last 1-2 hours and to have fun while you learn!
Meet Charla + Jenn
Honestly. We were just tired of educators not actually teaching people. So...here we are, and we complement each other well. Our combined 25+ years and variety of expertise and experience gives us a unique approach that can affect change for most people in a very impactful way.
Education shouldn't be boring either. We believe that teleprompters and scripts make for a very distant learning experience. So our laid-back but pointed approach to teaching has been said to be "like hanging out with besties with a glass of wine." We are relatable while maintaining the fact that we are successful businesswomen in our industry.
Join us for Charla's world-renowned, film-shooting as she slams you with facts and rap rhymes while changing your life. Jennefer will be backing her up with her Kindred Preset prowess and inspiring ability to make everyone understand their individual importance.
Charla + Jenn have been featured in
(noun) A highly ambitious person who strives to achieve his or her goals in life, while maintaining a radiant glow both inside and out.
Download our free guide!
How to Read a Histogram
A histogram is something that few photographers utilize when shooting or editing, yet it's the easiest and most accurate way to know whether or not you're nailing your exposures in-camera! If you're ready to level up your straight-out-of-camera images, achieve beautiful skin tones, and make editing a breeze, download our free guide on how to read a histogram!
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.